This is one example of PFF (protein, fat, and fiber) kind of a breakfast or an afternoon snack which will help you stabilize your sugar levels, give you energy and focus. With a good breakfast, we don’t crave snacks and sugar. This is one single big change you can make to your day to start feeling like a star.
You get a good amount of proteins from the tahini (sesame paste), pecans and coconut butter. Then, there is the fiber: both soluble in the pumpkin and insoluble from the flax seed. Then, we have the good fats from tahini and coconut butter.
A smoothie can be a medicinal bowl of goodness for your hormones. Flaxseed to help you manage your estrogen, camu camu (food highest in vitamin C) to support the adrenal and the immune system. Dandelion to support your liver function which takes care of eliminating metabolized hormones to make space for the new ones.
And, it tastes good. Plus, we use local seasonal food which is important in boosting your immune system.
Get more delicious healing recipes and learn how to rebalance your hormones with food in Cooking for Hormone Balance.
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ cup pumpkin, steamed and scooped out
- handful of dandelion
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ inch ginger root, grated
- 1 tbsp coconut butter (my favored brand is Artisana)
- 1 date, pitted
- 1 tbsp flax seed seeds
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ tsp camu camu powder (get it on Amazon)
- pinch of sea salt
- Put all the ingredients into a blender, top it up with room-temperature or warm water and give it a spin to a desired consistency. The smoothie is ready.