Inflammation is a major factor in hormonal imbalances. By reducing it, we can produce hormones more effectively, and our cell receptors become better equipped to take in the hormone molecules. So the hormonal improvement can be two-fold when we work at reducing inflammation through what we put into our bodies.
This smoothie uses not one but TWO anti-inflammatory powerhouses—ginger and turmeric. While turmeric has been shown to be as effective as some pharmaceutical drugs for a range of conditions, ginger is great for facilitating strong and effective digestion, which is a key factor in reducing inflammation. When foods are not properly and fully broken down during the digestive process, they can cause the body to mount an immune response—AKA, inflammation.
As a plus, ginger is also rich in antioxidants and is a go-to ingredient in many immune-boosting recipes (like our Antiviral Garlic and Orange Syrup). So feel free to add just a little bit more to help boost your immunity.
So keep your digestion strong and your inflammation low with this Anti-Inflammatory Peach-Ginger Smoothie. Not only is it refreshing and delicious, but it’s low in sugar, too—unlike most smoothies. Enjoy! And tell us how you liked it in the comments section below.
- Pinch of cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 large peach
- 3 ice cubes
- ½ cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 2 scoops Hormone Balance Nutritionals Collagen Complete powder
- Bee pollen to garnish (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients except the bee pollen in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with bee pollen and serve immediately.
Looking for more smoothie ideas? Try making our Nourishing Pumpkin Smoothie here.