Have you tried the wildly trending Instant Pot yet? If you haven’t, I highly recommend you give it a try. It makes healthy cooking so much easier, getting your dinner on the table in a fraction of the time of stove top cooking.
This stew can easily be made into a soup by adding more stock or can be served as is like a stew, or even over brown rice.
Grass-fed Bison provides nutrient dense, low fat, low cholesterol meat with as many Omega-3s per serving as salmon, and three to six times the amount of omega-3s as grain fed animals. It contains the highest-know levels of the fat-blocker and anti-carcinogen, CLA (conjugated linolaic acid).
FYI, I do own two Instant Pots:
3-quart – for quick rice, oatmeal, and buckwheat
6-quart – for bone broths, soups, stews
Check out our other easy Instant Pot recipes:
Instant Pot Chicken Rice Soup
Instant Pot Immune-boosting chicken broth
Instant Pot Chickpea Warming Dhal
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ savoy cabbage, shredded (around 6 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped into thin slices (around 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock (or make your own here)
- 2 tablespoons coconut
aminos, plus more to season
- Hot sauce, chili flakes, or ground black pepper to garnish, optional
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté. Add the oil along with the cabbage, carrot, and onion. Sauté, stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Add the bison and cook for another 3 minutes. Turn off the sauté mode.
- Add the garlic, ginger, the chicken stock, and coconut aminos to the Instant Pot. Lock the lid in place and make sure the valve is sealed.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Soup” mode or cook or pressure-cook for 30 minutes on high.
- After the soup is cooked, you can either let the pressure escape naturally or use the quick release.
- Taste and add more coconut aminos if more salt is required.
- Garnish with pepper just before serving. If you like things spicy, try adding some hot sauce.
[…] Instant Pot Bison and Cabbage Stew […]
[…] Thai Salmon Moroccan Chicken Tajin Rustic Lamb Roast Prebiotic Rich Wild Rice Protein Salad Instant Pot Bison and Cabbage Stew Salmon Fillet with Seed Rotation […]
[…] Diet Classic Chicken Broth Easy Miso Soup Brown Lentil Stew Apple Squash Soup with Coconut Butter Instant Pot Bison and Cabbage Stew Instant Pot Chicken Rice […]
[…] Instant Pot Bison And Cabbage Stew – Get Steps at Hormonesbalance […]
How long do you cook in pot on stove top if you don’t use an instant pot? Thanks.
Thank you for your comment. You can still somewhat follow those directions, saute your cabbage, add your meat until browned, then add the liquids and top with a lid – here you’ll want to let it simmer until it thickens, which would still take about 25-30 mins. It will be best to keep an eye on it. Hope this helps!
[…] You can find the entire list of ingredients and the instructions here. […]