Here you go…a rich chocolate brownie that offers an abundance of health benefits too. You are welcome!
Aside from being perfectly sweet, rich in chocolate, and moist, these brownies have a lot to offer for your health. I like to think of them as a brain-boosting brownie, perfect for that afternoon pick me up, dessert, or any time you feel the urge for chocolate. Along with beloved cacao, we are adding Lions Mane which is a type of mushroom that is becoming increasingly popular for its medicinal properties, in particular, the brain, heart, and gut. Its ability to increase cognitive function, especially focus and memory, has attracted many people to add this into their daily regimen.
In addition to the cacao and mushroom, we have also added MCT Oil, and walnuts, two additional brain-boosting ingredients.
The best part is that these brownies are super easy to make. There is no cooking required, and the batter can even be eaten raw!
Stored in the refrigerator, they will last a few weeks. You may freeze them for longer storage, but I doubt they will last that long.
- In a food processor, pulse 3 cups walnuts, cacao, lions mane, cinnamon, and salt into a fine crumble. This should be fine, but not so much that it starts to clump together.
- Transfer dry mix to a medium size bowl.
- Add the dates, date water, vanilla, MCT or coconut oil, and honey to the food processor.
- Pulse a few times, and scrape down sides. Then continue to puree into a smooth paste.
- Add paste to dry mix and with a spatula mix well until it is all incorporated.
- Line a 9 x12 dish with a piece of parchment paper.
- Press brownie into the dish.
- Add ½ more cup walnuts to the food processor and pulse into a crumble.
- Top brownie with walnut crumble
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or place in freezer for an additional time to set.
- Once brownies have set, gently lift the edge of parchment paper to pop them out.
- Cut into squares, and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks, and in the freezer for months.