Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb popular in Ayurvedic medicine that has shown great results for lowering cortisol and balancing thyroid hormones. Ashwagandha has also been proven effective in supporting adrenal function helping you overcome adrenal fatigue and chronic stress. It also may protect the brain from degeneration and can improve symptoms of Alzheimer’s, depression, and anxiety. Many women have reported deeper and more restful sleep after drinking the Ashwaganda Latte.
This is a wonderful drink to enjoy about an hour before bedtime as part of your night time winding down rituals.
This infusion is part of our complete Herbs for Balance program – on Clearance Sale right now. You can get it for $37 instead of $297. If the healing power of herbs interest you, this might be a great program for you. Book and poster + access to the online program (with lectures, recipe videos and handouts) is included.
- 1 cup of milk (almond or hazelnut works well, if using coconut milk, I would suggest ½ cup coconut milk and ½ cup water)
- 1 teaspoon ashwagandha powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- Warm the milk, then add the powdered spices and maple syrup or honey
- Stir well, using the whisk to blend, adjusting for sweetness if necessary
- Pour into a nice cup and drink an hour before bed