Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb popular in Ayurvedic medicine that has shown great results for lowering cortisol and balancing thyroid hormones. Ashwagandha has also been proven effective in supporting adrenal function helping you overcome adrenal fatigue and chronic stress. It also may protect the brain from degeneration and can improve symptoms of Alzheimer’s, depression, and anxiety. Many women have reported deeper and more restful sleep after drinking the Ashwaganda Latte.
This is a wonderful drink to enjoy about an hour before bedtime as part of your night time winding down rituals.
- 1 cup of milk (almond or hazelnut works well, if using coconut milk, I would suggest ½ cup coconut milk and ½ cup water)
- 1 teaspoon ashwagandha powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- Warm the milk, then add the powdered spices and maple syrup or honey
- Stir well, using the whisk to blend, adjusting for sweetness if necessary
- Pour into a nice cup and drink an hour before bed
Get more delicious healing recipes and learn how to rebalance your hormones with food in Cooking for Hormone Balance.