A 2014 study published in the Journal of Phytotherapy Research found that inhalation of clary sage oil had the ability to reduce cortisol levels by 36% and improved thyroid hormone levels (TSH). Bergamot oil has long been used to build confidence, enhance your mood, and reduce pain from headaches and muscle tension.
Research discussed in the Proceedings of the Society of Experimental Biology and Medicine also discovered that thyme essential oil has progesterone balancing effects. All of which combined makes this a great blend to assist in pre-menstrual hormone balancing.
- 2 heaping tablespoon beeswax pellets
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Clary sage essential oil
- Thyme essential oil
- Bergamot essential oil
- Melt the beeswax in your double boiler
- Add ¼ cup of organic coconut oil, allow to melt
- Add 10 drops of the peppermint and clary sage essential oil, and 5 drops of thyme and bergamot essential oils
- Pour into the glass jar and let cool until solid
- Gently massage in small circles over the lower back and abdomen
Medium double boiler
8-ounce glass jar with lid
Store in a cool dark cupboard, should last up to 3 months.
Get more delicious healing recipes and learn how to rebalance your hormones with food in Cooking for Hormone Balance.