Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this recipe! Nettles are deeply restorative for many of our body systems, providing a variety of phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals. They are adrenal, kidney and urinary tract supportive and this tea is a wonderful general tonic.
Here are some of their key medicinal properties:
- Very safe, slightly diuretic
- Highly nutritive; calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and silica
- High in chlorophyll and vitamin C
- Gentle kidney tonic
- Uterine tonic
- Joint pain
- Hot flashes
This infusion is part of our complete Herbs for Balance program – on Clearance Sale right now. You can get it for $57 instead of $297. If the healing power of herbs interest you, this might be a great program for you. Book and poster + access to the online program (with lectures, recipe videos and handouts) is included.
- ¼ ounce dried nettle leaf (I get these organic nettles)
- Filtered water
- Put the nettles in the jar
- Fill the jar with 1 cup of room temperature water. Top it off with 3 cups of hot water just off the boil.
- Tightly close the lid and allow to steep for 24 hours.
- Strain the plant material out (squeeze well).
- Enjoy warm or over ice.
Quart Jar (heat proof)
Refrigerate and drink/use within 24 hours.
Get more delicious healing recipes and learn how to rebalance your hormones with food in my book, Cooking for Hormone Balance.