You can make your own probiotic-rich drink from a juice. I used a kefir starter from Cultures for Health – as long as there is sugar, the bacteria will thrive; eat up the sugar and release beneficial bacteria to populate your gut.
Carrots and turmeric are a classic pairing and the addition of fresh orange juice and ginger add a little sweetness and spice in this refreshing juice kefir.
- 2 cups freshly squeezed carrot juice
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 coins of fresh ginger ¼ inch thick
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated turmeric root OR 1 ½ teaspoons dried
- 1 packet water kefir starter (I use this one)
- In a clean 1 quart jar, combine the carrot juice, orange juice, ginger and turmeric.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the Kefir starter and stir.
- Cover the top of the jar with a cloth or coffee filter and secure with a rubber band or twine.
- Let sit at room temperature (72 – 74 degrees) for 24 hours.
- Remove the cover and taste.
- For a "fizzier" drink, let sit for another 12 hours.
- When you are happy with the flavor top with a lid and refrigerate. Use within 1 week.
If you have leftover turmeric and ginger, whip up these anti-inflammatory Jamu Shots.
Learn more with Overcoming Estrogen Dominance
“The body has an amazing ability to heal. We just need to give it the right resources.”
In Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, my goal is to empower and give you the tools to take control of your hormones and health.
More than 70% of women experience estrogen dominance. The symptoms range from lumpy and fibrocystic breasts to thyroid nodules, hot flashes, fibroids, uterine polyps, painful, heavy or irregular periods to infertility and miscarriages, from mood swings to insomnia, weight gain to fatigue.
So many women have experienced the pain and frustration that comes when they feel their symptoms and complaints are dismissed or minimized. This is particularly true for women who are experiencing the symptoms of hormone imbalance. Even when doctors do offer treatment, it’s typically in the form of prescription medication or invasive surgical procedures.
In Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, I hope to show that those extreme interventions are often unnecessary, and to give women a roadmap to reverse estrogen dominance using food, herbs, supplements and natural protocols to rebalance hormones.
To get your copy of Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, go here.