A great dessert to cool down on a hot summer day. The Tart Cherry Sorbet requires no ice cream maker and contains no added sugar. I added star anise which is an unusual spice but it goes incredibly well with the tart cherries. Feel free to experiment with any other low-glycemic fruit and herbs.
- 3 cups frozen tart cherries
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ teaspoon ground star anise
- roasted coconut flakes, optional
- Place the cherries, banana and star anise in a high-speed blender. Blend on high until the sorbet reaches a creamy consistency. Add ¼ cup of cold water if the blades are not catching the food.
- Ladle to individual ramekins and sprinkle with coconut flakes. Serve immediately.