Another beautiful recipe I’ve learned from the Colorado School of Clinical Herbalism (where I graduated from).
Flavonoids are the pigments that naturally occur in plants and have many health benefits: They are attributed to reduced inflammation, risk of cancer, heart disease, and asthma while protecting the brain. Good sources of flavonoids are rosehip, citrus and berries, both which play a vital role in this recipe. This recipe is also very high in vitamin C which boosts the immune system and is food for the adrenals.
The Flavonoid Bomb is a great replacement for jam (without all that sugar), can be added to smoothies or just have it straight on a teaspoon. The best way to retain freshness is to always use a fresh teaspoon and don’t re-dip.
- ½ cup dried rosehip, cut and seeded
- 2 tablespoons dried hibiscus flower
- 2 tablespoons goji berries or goldenberries
- 2 tablespoons orange peel (dried or fresh)
- 1½ to 1¾ cups unsweetened blueberry, cherry, pomegranate or cranberry juice
- Combine all the dry ingredients in the spice grinder and whiz until well broken up.
- Transfer to the mason jar. Top the dry blend with the fruit juice and leave it on the kitchen counter overnight for the juice to be fully absorbed. Once the herbs have soaked up the juice, transfer the mixture to the refrigerator.
- Let stand overnight.
Hello I live in the UK. Thank you for everything you post it s so useful. I can’t find hibiscus and rosehip in store so will order on Amazon. Can you please recommend what to buy there are many options and I don’t know which one to buy many thanks
Good write up info – thanks. My PSA has gone up to 13, so have been doing a lot of reading in health books. Have read that peanuts were Not good for people with rising PSA. All other real nuts are great – with almonds being #1 and a verity of seeds – good. It also said to elliminate citrus (citric acid), carbs, sugars, grains. What does your reasearch show to lower a high prostate count? Do you have any suggestions? I would like any suggestions. Thanks, Walt
Glad I looked at this sight it made sence to me practice nurse did not listen to me and thyroids. Was feeling sluggish and now i know why so now I now the reason