Kale is a nutritional powerhouse; it contains 45 different flavonoids which give you antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits which help you avoid chronic inflammation and oxidative stress. Kale also plays a big role in the detoxification of the body. It has cholesterol-lowering benefits if you cook it by steaming. It is known for risk-lowering benefits for bladder, breast, colon, ovary, and prostate cancer. Goodie.
Unfortunately, it is a goitrous vegetable, so for those with hypothyroid, never consume it raw, steam it and even then, don’t consume it more than 2-4 servings per week – until your inflammation is reduced.
Roasted Baby Tomatoes Over Kale Bed
Author: Magdalena Wszelaki
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 bunch of kale, rip leaves off the stems to smaller pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 eggplant, chopped to chunks
- vinegar dressing
How To Make
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Place eggplant and cherry tomatoes on a baking tray cut side down and bake for 30 minutes or till tomato skins turn brown.
- Steam kale for 5 minutes.
- Place kale on a plate and spoon roasted tomatoes on top.
- Drizzle vinegar dressing over each salad serving.