Here is yet another way to use preserved lemons in your cooking. As a reminder, I shared with you here how to make preserved lemons. They are wonderful for adding in more probiotics for gut health.
This simple sparkling tonic is so light and refreshing plus it gives you a dose of healthy gut bacteria.
The fermentation process transforms the lemon peel’s bitterness into a unique taste that will amaze you. Preserved lemon is also high in probiotics and contains liver detoxing essential oils in the peel. Use the rind and discard the pulp. It is a staple condiment in North Africa and is available at any Middle Eastern grocery.
- ¼ preserved lemon peel, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 ounces sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- In a tall glass, combine minced preserved lemon peel and honey.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour in sparkling water and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Then, in a serving glass, place ice cubes at the bottom and pour lemon, honey water over the top to finish.