Tapenade is a puree containing any combination of olives, dried tomatoes, or peppers whizzed with some good quality olive oil to form a soft paste. In the Mediterranean cuisine, tapenade is a salty condiment used to top eggs, toast, roasted fish, mixed in with pasta, or added to salad dressings – you get the idea.
This recipe also features the Preserved Lemon so many of you participated in making with me- giving you yet another recipe to use these probiotic-rich and liver-cleansing lemons.
- 1 cup Niçoise or Kalamata pitted olives
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ preserved lemon, seeds removed
- ¼ cup capers
- Place in a blender and pulse until well blended but still chunky.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to a month.