This is an easy and refreshing drink to enjoy year round. Fresh ginger has powerful benefits for immunity, digestion, and hormones – read more here. It’s also a great go-to “mocktail” if you’re participating in Dry January, or abstaining from alcohol for any reason.
- ½ cup fresh ginger root (peeled and grated, lightly packed in measuring cup–make sure the root is moist and aromatic, not dried out)
- 3-6 tbsp. raw honey (very soft or liquefied but NOT hot)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (juice from about 2-4 limes, depending on relative juiciness; bring limes to room temperature before juicing for best results)
- 2 tbsp. raw whey
- two large pinches unrefined sea salt
- enough filtered water to fill the jar
- Combine all ingredients in a one-quart glass jar with a screw lid, shake it up gently to dissolve the honey, and leave at room temperature for one day. Strain into two 25.3 oz. Pellegrino bottles with screw-on lids. Top off both with Pellegrino and store in the refrigerator. Drink diluted or full-strength as desired.
Learn more with Overcoming Estrogen Dominance
“The body has an amazing ability to heal. We just need to give it the right resources.”
In Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, my goal is to empower and give you the tools to take control of your hormones and health.
More than 70% of women experience estrogen dominance. The symptoms range from lumpy and fibrocystic breasts to thyroid nodules, hot flashes, fibroids, uterine polyps, painful, heavy or irregular periods to infertility and miscarriages, from mood swings to insomnia, weight gain to fatigue.
So many women have experienced the pain and frustration that comes when they feel their symptoms and complaints are dismissed or minimized. This is particularly true for women who are experiencing the symptoms of hormone imbalance. Even when doctors do offer treatment, it’s typically in the form of prescription medication or invasive surgical procedures.
In Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, I hope to show that those extreme interventions are often unnecessary, and to give women a roadmap to reverse estrogen dominance using food, herbs, supplements and natural protocols to rebalance hormones.
To get your copy of Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, go here.