Holy Basil or Tulsi has a bright, antidepressant quality. It’s the preeminent herbal adaptogen, probably the number one herbal medicine in all of Ayurvedic medicine. Recommended that you eat it daily. Holy Basil has been shown to promote a positive mood, restore balance, and rejuvenate the body and mind.
This is a cup of tea to be enjoyed anytime but especially mid-day when you are in the afternoon slump.
Adaptogen herbs are wonderful to incorporate into your daily diet. They support your adrenal system and help balance your hormones, so you can manage your stress response on a day to day basis. They adapt to what your body needs and have the ability to regulate your system up or down depending on the need at the moment.
Lemongrass has a number of benefits including reducing anxiety, aiding digestion, detoxing, regulate high blood pressure, and immunity boosting.
Cinnamon promotes healthy blood sugar levels and adds a delicious warming flavor to this tea.[adrotate banner=”10″]
- 1 teaspoon loose-leaf holy basil
- ½ teaspoon dried lemongrass
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon bark pieces
- ½ - 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 wedge lemon
- Combine the holy basil, lemongrass, and cinnamon bark in a teapot or a reusable tea bag.
- Cover loose tea with 1 ½ cups of boiling water. Let steep for five minutes.
- Stain the tea or remove the tea bag. Add honey and lemon to taste. Serve immediately.