Fenugreek has been used topically for centuries in Ayurveda to strengthen hair at the root level. The good news is that fenugreek is widely available in most health food and herbal stores. If not, every Indian or Middle Eastern grocery sells fenugreek seeds.
My mom told me about this application and she swore by it – it helped the re-growth of her hair and helped her build volume. After applying the formula 3-4 times per week for a month, I finally started seeing the results. I had much more baby hair than ever before.
As always, I urge you to look deeper into the underlying causes of your hair loss which often times is due to thyroid, PCOS or estrogen dominance or the deficiency of Vitamin B12 or biotin.
To learn more about using herbs to rebalance your hormones, see below workshop:
- 1½ cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons dried fenugreek seeds
- 5-8 drops clary sage essential oil
- In the glass measuring cup, soak the fenugreek seeds in the hot water for 24-48 hours.
- Strain into the plastic bottle and add the essential oil.
- Use the leftover seeds to make the Silky Hair Mask, or discard.
- Apply the liquid from the bottle nozzle (or spray it if using a spray bottle) to your scalp and gently massage it in.
- Since the formula does not make your hair oily or dry, you can apply it after washing your hair as a leave-in conditioner. It has a slight smell but the clary sage will mask most of it.
- Apply 3-4 times per week until you see the results. After that, apply once per week for maintenance.
Medium glass measuring cup
16-ounce spray or press screw plastic bottle