This Braised Green Cabbage recipe is so good and so simple.
Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, kale, and collard greens are a good choice for women who are seeking hormone balancing diets. Read this article for more information about crucifers and how they can benefit your health.
Facts about cruciferous vegetables:
- Are potent anti-inflammatory agents
- Support liver function and thyroid hormone conversion
- Help combat estrogen dominance (the leading cause of thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer!)
- Have protective benefits against cancer
- Benefit good bacteria
To learn more about how to balance your hormones using food, join our FREE viewing below:
Braised Green Cabbage
Author: Magdalena Wszelaki
- 1 medium head of cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 large yellow onion, cut to thin wedges
- 1 large carrot, chopped to round pieces
- ¼ cup chicken stock or water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅛ chili flakes
- sea salt
How To Make
- Heat the oven to 325F or 165C.
- Arrange the cabbage wedges in a baking pan and scatter onion and carrot on top.
- Pour the stock into the baking pan.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Cover and bake for about 1.5 hours or till the cabbage is very tender.
- Take off the cover and bake for another 15 minutes for the cabbage to get crispy and brown.
Wow, healthy AND affordable, what a rarity! Looks delish!
Hi Hélène, We are thrilled you enjoyed the recipe:) Please do try it and let us know! Jeanne HB Team
this could also be used as the base for a quick soup.
Great idea, Cheryl! Thank you for sharing:)
Jeanne HB Team
Just wondering… the fact that it cooks at 325 for 2 hours… does that minimize the nutrients in the cabbage? I’ve always read that less is more when it comes to food.