When we are on a gluten-free, egg-free and dairy-free diet, bread is one of the things that we miss the most. That is why I developed this rosemary cashew focaccia recipe, which is not only gluten-free but also grain free and uses no dairy or eggs.
This focaccia uses flax eggs (a combination of ground flaxseed and water) to give it the binding powder needed. Made mainly with raw cashews that have been soaked in hot water to reduce the phytic acid and to make the nuts gentler on the digestive system, this focaccia has a beautiful moist crumb and has a combination of savory rosemary and slightly sweet cashews.
When the focaccia is ready, it will be a beautiful golden brown. Allow the focaccia to completely cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing into it as it will continue cooking on the inside even after it is removed from the oven.
Learn how to add more hormone-balancing ingredients to your meals with our FREE 19 Estrogen Balancing Superfoods Guide here.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 3 flax eggs: 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed + ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Pre-heat oven to 350F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Combine flaxseed meal with water to form the flax eggs. Mix well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Soak raw cashews in hot water for 15 minutes, then rinse.
- Place soaked cashews, flax eggs, water, melted coconut oil, tapioca starch, baking powder, and table salt in the bowl of an electric blender and process until you get a thick and homogeneous batter.
- Stir in half the amount of rosemary into the batter.
- Pour batter onto the prepared baking sheet and use a spatula to smooth it out into a ¾-inch thick circle.
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt and the rest of the rosemary on top of the batter, using your fingers to gently press the rosemary and salt unto the batter.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until the focaccia is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let focaccia cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing as it will continue cooking on the inside after being removed from the oven.
- Slice rosemary cashew focaccia and serve with olive oil.
Learn more with Overcoming Estrogen Dominance
“The body has an amazing ability to heal. We just need to give it the right resources.”
In Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, my goal is to empower and give you the tools to take control of your hormones and health.
More than 70% of women experience estrogen dominance. The symptoms range from lumpy and fibrocystic breasts to thyroid nodules, hot flashes, fibroids, uterine polyps, painful, heavy or irregular periods to infertility and miscarriages, from mood swings to insomnia, weight gain to fatigue.
So many women have experienced the pain and frustration that comes when they feel their symptoms and complaints are dismissed or minimized. This is particularly true for women who are experiencing the symptoms of hormone imbalance. Even when doctors do offer treatment, it’s typically in the form of prescription medication or invasive surgical procedures.
In Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, I hope to show that those extreme interventions are often unnecessary, and to give women a roadmap to reverse estrogen dominance using food, herbs, supplements and natural protocols to rebalance hormones.
To get your copy of Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, go here.