I have a recipe for Raspberry and Green Tea LimeMelties that I think you will LOVE. It is low in sugar, antibacterial, and high in good fats.
Melties taste like cheesecakes but they are dairy free (I recommend being dairy free to rebalance your hormones naturally).
The healing ingredients include coconut butter, lime juice and lime zest (full of d-limonene which aids liver and hormone detoxification).
Science meets the magic of food 🙂
Whether you need a satisfying snack in the evening or a quick dessert for a dinner party, these melties have a good chance of becoming a staple in your house, as they are in mine.
Make the meltie base and then choose the raspberry or green tea option.
This is one of the healing recipes from my latest cookbook, Cooking for Hormone Balance.
- ¾ cup coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime peel, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or coconut syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons hot melted coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 10 fresh raspberries (for Raspberry Melties)
- 1 teaspoon green matcha tea powder (for green Tea lime Melties)
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut butter, grated lime peel, lime juice, honey, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and salt and whisk until well combined. The hot coconut oil should soften the coconut butter, but if the coconut butter remains lumpy, microwave the mixture for 20 seconds and whisk again until a smooth paste is formed.
- For Raspberry Melties, place one raspberry in each mini-muffin cup and then cover it with slightly less than 1 tablespoon of the
- For Green Tea Melties, whisk the green tea powder into the
meltiebase mixture and scoop slightly less than 1 tablespoon into each mini-muffin cup.
- Garnish the
melties(both kinds) with gratedlime peel.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes or until hardened.
- Serve chilled.
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Low-Fodmap: Replace the honey with coconut nectar or Grade B maple syrup.