These deliciously cozy biscuits nix the gluten, and eggs. The best part? They’re a cinch to make and a dream to eat.
There’s no kneading required to achieve fluffy bakery-worthy biscuits. Keeping hormone balance a priority, this recipe skips processed flour in favor of more mindful ingredients. To keep things egg-free, chia seeds step in as an easy replacement, making this a recipe an instant crowd pleaser.
The Benefits of Using Quinoa Flour
- Quinoa flour is a high protein plant-based flour that is light and airy with a nutty aroma similar to sesame.
- Quinoa flour is also rich in fiber, helping to flush toxins from the digestive system. It’s high fiber content also helps to keep you full.
- Contains all 9 essential amino acids
- Rich in iron, magnesium and B-vitamins
Kitchen Tips and Tricks
- Cashew kefir stands in for buttermilk adding the same rich texture and tang. Look for cashew or coconut kefir in the refrigerated section of specialty grocery stores or order online.
- Refrigerating keeps the ingredients firm and chilled so they don’t flatten in the oven.
- The ghee should be soft but not melted when adding it to flour. It will melt in the hot oven creating steam inside the dough and result in a more flaky texture.
- Ghee gives the biscuits a buttery flavor and aroma without the digestive upset butter can cause for those with lactose sensitivities. Virgin coconut oil can also be used.
- Before scooping biscuit dough, dust measuring cup with quinoa flour and tap off excess. A light coating of flour helps to keep the dough from sticking when transferring to the baking sheet.
- Slather warm biscuits with coconut butter or homemade jams.
Learn how to add more hormone-balancing ingredients to your meals with our FREE 19 Estrogen Balancing Superfoods Guide here.
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ⅔ cup plain cashew kefir
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup ghee
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir together chia seeds and kefir in a small bowl and set aside to “bloom” chia seeds for 10 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Add ghee and use hands or a pastry cutter to mix. Mixture should be grainy and coarse. Gradually fold in kefir mixture using a spatula until thoroughly combined and moist. Transfer mixture to refrigerator for 10 minutes to chill.
- Scoop ¼ cup mounds of dough onto baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 14-16 minutes. Cool biscuits on baking sheet 10 minutes before enjoying.
Learn more with Overcoming Estrogen Dominance
“The body has an amazing ability to heal. We just need to give it the right resources.”
In Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, my goal is to empower and give you the tools to take control of your hormones and health.
More than 70% of women experience estrogen dominance. The symptoms range from lumpy and fibrocystic breasts to thyroid nodules, hot flashes, fibroids, uterine polyps, painful, heavy or irregular periods to infertility and miscarriages, from mood swings to insomnia, weight gain to fatigue.
So many women have experienced the pain and frustration that comes when they feel their symptoms and complaints are dismissed or minimized. This is particularly true for women who are experiencing the symptoms of hormone imbalance. Even when doctors do offer treatment, it’s typically in the form of prescription medication or invasive surgical procedures.
In Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, I hope to show that those extreme interventions are often unnecessary, and to give women a roadmap to reverse estrogen dominance using food, herbs, supplements and natural protocols to rebalance hormones.
To get your copy of Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, go here.
Psst: For a fun breakfast treat, slather these warm biscuits with No-Not Tigernut Butter for a nutrient-dense snack to fuel your mornings. Get the Original Tigernut Butter here.