Probiotic-rich thyroid diet food
This probiotic-rich thyroid diet food will bring you an abundance of fermented vegetables and a wonderful beverage to drink; nutritionally potent and full of beneficial bacteria to repair your digestive track. A great addition to meats and hearty stews as it eases digestion.
The best part: You can experiment with different vegetables, using beets, cabbage, Brussels’s sprouts, long beans, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, carrots or pumpkin. Make it colorful!
Fermented Vegetable Medley - Thyroid Diet Food
Equipment needed: a 1-gallon or 4-liter glass, enameled or clay jar which will be your fermentation jar a small plate that fits into the fermentation jar a small glass jar, filled with water
Author: Magdalena Wszelaki
- 1 head of cabbage, roughly cut
- 1 medium-size beetroot, sliced
- 1 handful of garlic cloves, peeled
- Optional: fresh pumpkin, radish, carrots, long beans
- 1 teaspoon of dill seeds or dill herb (fresh or dry)
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 1 cup of whey kefir
How To Make
- Combine all the vegetables and put them into the fermentation jar.
- The amount of vegetables should not go beyond the half way mark on the jar.
- Fill up the rest of the jar with filtered water, whey and add salt.
- Float the small plate on top and submerge it with the small jar (filled with water to keep it down).
- This way the vegetables will be kept down as we don’t want them to float and get moldy.
- Leave to ferment for 1-2 weeks at room temperature.
- You will know the medley is ready when the vegetables are soft and tangy.
- To stop the fermentation process, transfer the medley to smaller jars and keep them in the fridge; they keep well for weeks.
Hi, What is whey kefir in fermented vegetable recipe?
This is actually a common ingredient in fermenting vegetables. =)