Homemade Granola – discover this scrumptious and nutritious thyroid food. Great for either snacking or mealtime.
Making your own granola is a great way to choose only the best ingredients. The high protein and high fat content will keep you fuller longer and provide you with various nutrients that your body needs. Play around with the ingredients to make the flavor you desire! Try this tasty, nutritious recipe that is quick and easy and provides plenty of thyroid nutrition.
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup almonds, sliced
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup of dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the bottom of a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Mix all of the ingredients, excluding dried fruit. Toss well.
- Spread evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, being careful not to burn.
- Remove from the oven and stir in dried apricots.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.