One of the best things about fall is root vegetables – and one of the best ways to enjoy them is to roast them! This recipe for spiced honey glaze roasted root vegetables serves them tossed with a luscious glaze flavored with lemon, honey and spices these turnips, parsnips and rutabagas. Your root veggies have never tasted so good!
Rutabaga and turnips are cruciferous vegetables which help rebalance your estrogen levels by supporting your liver (the liver plays a key role in getting rid of metabolized estrogens). I love how highly healing these crucifers are and surprisingly delicious they are when roasted.
Get more delicious healing recipes and learn how to rebalance your hormones with food in Cooking for Hormone Balance.[adrotate banner=”18″]
- 2 Tablespoons clarified butter or coconut oil melted, divided
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, or ½ teaspoon dried
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cut into ½ inch by 2 inch lengths
- 3 turnips, peeled and cut into ½ inch dice
- 3 rutabagas, peeled and cut into ½ inch dice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or brush liberally with clarified butter or coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ½ tablespoon clarified butter or coconut oil with the honey, fresh lemon juice, garlic, thyme, cumin and cinnamon. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Prepare the parsnips, turnips and rutabagas.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the parsnips, turnips and rutabagas.
- Drizzle the vegetables with 1 ½ Tablespoons of the clarified butter or coconut oil and the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Spread the vegetables on the prepared sheet pan.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are golden and tender.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with the lemon and honey glaze.
- Toss until the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.