This Savory Oatmeal Sweet Potatoes Breakfast Recipe is a new spin on your typical oatmeal classic! While oatmeal is a breakfast favorite, it’s mostly carbs. Rebalance your hormones with this Protein, Fat, and Fiber (PFF) breakfast idea. Turn it up a notch with a full-flavored savory blend by adding sweet potatoes, which are rich in vitamin A and B6. This warm and filling breakfast will give you that early morning energy boost. Add your favorite garnishes, like coconut flakes and walnuts to make it your own, turning our beloved oatmeal into a PFF breakfast.
Enjoy the full Savory Oatmeal Sweet Potatoes Breakfast Recipe and video are below:
Get more delicious healing recipes and learn how to rebalance your hormones with food in Cooking for Hormone Balance.
- ½ cup red peppers, diced
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cups water
- ½ small sweet potato, diced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 slices of bacon
- Optional ingredients for garnish:
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup cranberries
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil over medium heat
- Add the red peppers, sweet potatoes, and sauté for 10 mins until the sweet
- potatoes begin to soften
- Add half of the scallion and cook for another 5 mins
- Next cook the bacon according to desired crispiness
- Next bring ¾ cups of water to a boil and stir in ¼ cups of rolled oats
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, continue to stir frequently for 5-10 mins or until the oats are tender and the water has evaporated.
- For extra sweetness, stir in 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- Add the red pepper & sweet potato mixture, bacon, and the rest of the chopped scallion.
- Garnish with walnuts, cranberries, and coconut flakes and enjoy!