Mushroom Leek Stir Fry: A healthy alternative for your thyroid food diet.
A fast, super easy recipe, one of my total favorites. High in protein, so if you need to reduce your carbohydrate intake, this is a good source of healthy protein.
You know I love mushrooms for their taste and medicinal properties; they have cancer-preventing abilities, sugar-lowering, cholesterol-lowering, anti-viral properties and the ability to absorb heavy metals. Asians cook mushrooms as a strengthening tonic for recovering patients. This will make a great healthy alternative for your thyroid food diet.
Mushroom Leek Stir Fry
Author: Magdalena Wszelaki
Serves: 6 servings
- 3 cups oyster mushrooms (you can also use shiitake), sliced and roots removed
- 1 cup sprouted beans (get them in a health store)
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 leeks, sliced to rings
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 inch of minced ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 5 oz (150g) rice noodles (omit if you are doing GAPS)
- ½ cup soy (aka tamari) sauce (or coconut aminos if you are off soy)
- ½ tsp chili
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
How To Make
- Boil the rice noodles as per instructions given, set aside in cold water.
- Heat coconut oil, throw in cumin for 30 seconds till fragrant.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger and fry on high heat for 3 min.
- Add leeks and continue frying till slightly browned.
- Add mushrooms, sprouted beans and carrot, and stir fry till mushrooms become soft.
- Add soy sauce and chili.
- Add noodles and let the sauce bring all the ingredients together.
- Cook for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm.
I can’t believe how good this recipe is. My family absolutely loves it. Thanks so much!
[…] For a stir-fry, enjoy either shiitake or oyster mushrooms in my Mushroom Leek Stir Fry. […]
Tamari is different to soy, as in it’s made the same way as soy sauce except it isn’t fermented with wheat
Hi and thank you so much for your comment. Yes, Tamari is slightly different (not using wheat during processing) and great for those who are gluten free but want to use soy sauce! ~HB Team