The PFF (Protein, Fat, Fiber) Breakfast
Every Sunday, I go to our local farmers’ market – it’s a little ritual to honor the start of the week in the best way possible.
One of the vendors who captured my admiration and my taste buds is The Farmer’s Wife. When I first read about her in the local magazine, she was the queen of grilled cheese sandwiches. I therefore never even tried her food.
Then, I overheard her offering gluten-free options. OK, that was a notch up but still not good enough in my books. Lately, she started offering paleo plates – a succulent fennel sausage on a bed of greens served with ferments from her next-door neighbor. Bingo.
This is another great example of what your PFF (protein, fat, and fiber) breakfast could look like and sustain you till lunch with no sugar dips, cravings and feeling guilty about snacking.
Learn how to add more hormone-balancing ingredients to your meals with our FREE 15 Breakfasts to Rebalance Your Hormones guide here.
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 lb. of ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
teaspoonsground fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- ½ avocado
Handfulof organicgreen mix (e.g. arugula, mizuna, baby kale, etc)
- 1 cup of ferments (here: sauerkraut and cauliflower)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all remaining sausage ingredients (except for the ghee) kneading well. Taste and adjust flavors as you like.
- Shape your sausage to your desired form – round or long.
- Heat up a skillet with ghee in it.
- Add sausages and fry them for approximately 7 minutes on one side and 4 minutes on the other.
- Mix green salad mix with olive, lemon and salt and toss till all the baby leaves are well covered.
- Place greens on a large plate, then add your sausage,
avocadoand ferments to the plate.
In my cookbook, Cooking For Hormone Balance, you’ll find over 125 easy, delicious recipes to nourish your body and balance your hormones without calorie restriction or deprivation.
All of the recipes are based on 20 hormone-supporting superfoods and 20 hormone-supporting super herbs—with modifications for Paleo, Paleo for Autoimmunity (AIP), anti-Candida, and low-FODMAP diets.
You can get a copy of the cookbook here.