During a Candida cleanse, a craving for sweet desserts may often arise. To meet this need for something sweet while still sticking to the strict Candida diet guidelines, I have developed this chocolate avocado pudding that is smooth and creamy, and is solely sweetened by stevia, vanilla extract, coconut butter and coconut flakes. To learn more about Candida causes, symptoms, and diagnosis, check out my recent post here.
Avocado, which are incredibly nutritious and contain plenty of heart-healthy mono-saturated fatty acids, is the main ingredient in this recipe. The second most important ingredient is unsweetened cocoa powder, which helps to give us a boost of magnesium and the delicious taste of decadent chocolate. The rest of the ingredients, including coconut butter, stevia, vanilla extract and toasted coconut flakes give the pudding a slight sweetness, without being overly sweet.
This amazing chocolate avocado pudding is not only delicious and helps to satisfy any cravings for dessert during a Candida cleanse, it is also quick to bring together and only requires only 15 minutes of hands on time and the use of a food processor or blender. If you’re craving something sweet today, you really should make this chocolate pudding right now.
Get more delicious healing recipes and learn how to rebalance your hormones with food in my book, Cooking for Hormone Balance.
- 2 large avocados (or 4 small avocados), cut into small pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut butter
- 6 drops liquid stevia, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup water, or more if pudding is too thick
- Toasted coconut flakes, for garnishing
- Place the cut avocados in the bowl of your blender or food processor and process until you get a smooth avocado puree.
- Add in unsweetened cocoa powder, coconut butter, liquid stevia, and pure vanilla extract and process until combined. It may be necessary to scrape down the sides of the blender every once in a while.
- If the pudding is too thick, add in one tablespoon of water at a time until it can be processed well enough. You should get a smooth chocolate pudding. Divide the chocolate avocado pudding evenly into two serving glasses chill for at least two hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve the chocolate avocado pudding with toasted coconut flakes.