- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 2 cups of packed grated sweet potato
- 1.5 cups organic apple sauce
- ½ cup ghee, melted (source)
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup teff flour (source)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground chai mix (source)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the flaxseed with the water and let it stand for a few minutes to thicken.
- Combine and mix the wet ingredients; sweet potato, apple sauce, ghee, water and maple syrup in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine and mix the dry ingredients: the flours, baking powder, chai powder and salt in another bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. Do not over mix as the muffins will then be hard. Add more water if the texture is too dry.
- Dish out the batter to 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-30 min or till tops are firm.
Paleo: Replace teff flour with tigernut flour. Replace brown rice flour with almond flour.
Low FODMAP: Replace sweet potato with yam or carrots.