Berries are one of the superfoods you can never have enough of. A superfood means it’s highly packed with nutrients, more so than other food. If berries are not in season, get the frozen ones.
Berry & Pumpkin Seed Kefir Smoothie
Author: Magdalena Wszelaki
Serves: 2 servings
- 1 cup berries; fresh or frozen
- 2 cups of kefir
- 2 tbsp of raw honey or stevia
- 2 tbsp of raw pumpkin and/or sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed (aka flax meal)
- ½ teaspoon of camu camu (order it online, food highest in Vit C)
- 1 teaspoon of milk thistle (for liver support)
- 1 scoop collagen (get it on Hormone Balance Nutritionals)
How To Make
- Combine berries, nut almond, pumpkin/sunflower seeds, flax seed and honey in a blender.
- Blend till either very smooth or somewhat smooth if you like chunks in your smoothie.
- If you have no one to share it with, take it to work and share it there, it’s too good to keep it all to yourself.
Why is this called a kefir smoothie? I don’t see kefir listed in the ingredients or grain of anykind…
1 cup berries; fresh or frozen
2 cups of kefir
2 tbsp of raw honey or stevia
2 tbsp of raw pumpkin and/or sunflower seeds
1 tbsp ground flax seed (aka flax meal)
½ teaspoon of camu camu (order it online, food highest in Vit C)
1 teaspoon of milk thistle (for liver support)
1 scoop collagen (get it on Hormone Balance Nutritionals)
What kind of blender is best for making smoothies.
What kind of blender is best for making smoothies?
You might be interested in checking out this blender.
Where is the kefir? Was it missed in the ingredient list?
Where is the kefir?
2 cups of kefir.
2 cups of kefir. =)
Is Kefir ok if you have hashimoto’s ?
Yes, typically this would be beneficial for someone with hashimotos. Healthy Regards,
is kefir ok with mast cell activation syndrome?
Hi Jenn, this will depend on the type of probiotics present in the kefir you’re purchasing. Here is an article that provides a thorough background into the subject for you, https://mastcell360.com/histamine-lowering-probiotics-for-people-with-mast-cell-activation-syndrome-and-histamine-intolerance/. ~HB Support
oh thank you for replying here. i tried to ask a question in 2 emails and no one replies to those. i will direct my questions here. back to topic: i will explore this link.