It’s a Sunday night and my body is telling me that it’s ovulating. With that, comes a need for some comfort and loving which I get from nowhere else than this lovely and simple clafoutis. One of the best things about a clafoutis is that it’s highly forgiving and you can’t really go wrong with it.
Even though I’m not big on promoting dessert for female hormone balance, I have to say this is one of the “better desserts” as it comes with plenty of protein, as well as fat and fiber.
Author: Magdalena Wszelaki
- 1 or 2 cups fresh or frozen berries (I used blackberries and raspberries)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk (my preferred brand is Native Forest since it’s BPA-free)
- ⅓ cup coconut nectar (or any sugar you like)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
How To Make
- Preheat the oven to 400F (or 200C).
- Spread some coconut oil at the base of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Put the berries in the baking dish and put them in the oven for 5-10 minutes for them to start “sweating.”
- Combine all the remaining ingredients; it’s best to mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, combine them then by whisking them into a smooth batter.
- Take out the dish from the oven.
- Pour the batter over the fruit.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the middle is firm.
It’s equally wonderful hot and cold, so eat some immediately and then stick it in the fridge to nibble on throughout the rest of your night. Such as tonight.
sounds delicious! i’m going to have to give this a try. thanks!
This is DELICIOUS!! 🙂