This recipe brings the wonderfully earthy and sweet beetroot with the bitterness of dandelion and arugula.
Dandelion and arugula (part of the crucifers family) have special healing properties – they are especially beneficial for the liver detoxification pathways that get rid of metabolized estrogens.
Time to prepare: 20 minutes
- 2 medium beets
- 1 cup of dandelion leaves, cut
- 1 cup of
arugula,leaves roughly torn
- 2 sprigs of tarragon, chopped
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ½ handful hazelnuts, chopped
- ½ cup sprouts
- Steam or bake beetroots with skins for 45 minutes or until soft when poked with a fork.
- Melt ghee and add tarragon but take off heat immediately.
- When beets have cooled off, peel off their skins and cut them into cubes.
- Combine beet cubes with dandelion, arugula and toss with tarragon ghee.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts and sprouts.
AIP: Skip hazelnuts.