If you have been following me, you might have seen the pre- and post-surgery protocol I created when facing a double hip replacement (on August 28, 2017). I shared my protocol so you don’t have to do the hours of research if facing any form of surgery.
Calcium D-Glucarate was one of the key stars in my protocol to detox my liver from the toxicity of the pre- and post-surgical medications and anesthesia.
And there is more.
How Calcium D-Glucarate Can Help You
1. Removes the Harmful “Dirty Estrogens”
“Dirty estrogens” or the harmful metabolites of estrogen are responsible for conditions such as fibrocystic breasts, breast lumps, ER+ breast cancers, thyroid nodules, endometriosis, fibroids, infertility, mood swings, and PMS.
2. Supports Liver Detox
Glucaric acid (which is what calcium d-glucarate is converted to) binds to toxins which are then removed in the urine. Removing toxins from the liver will increase liver function and promote a healthy metabolism. It will also allow your liver to flush out other toxins that would otherwise cause problems.
3. Boosts the Immune System
Furthermore, this study shows that calcium d-glucarate decreases inflammation by activating the immune system and increasing the activity of the anti-inflammatory cytokines.
4. Lowers LDL (“bad”) Cholesterol
This study showed that the use of calcium d-glucarate lowers LDL cholesterol by 35%.
Our Wellena Calcium D-Glucarate is made with non-GMO ingredients. Free of gluten, dairy, soy, yeast, sugar, and colors. It contains no fillers and preservatives.
This Supplement is For You If:
- You struggle with estrogen dominance (or symptoms such as fibrocystic breasts, breast lumps, ER+ breast cancers, thyroid nodules, endometriosis, fibroids, infertility, mood swings and PMS)
- You have thyroid issues (low thyroid and/or Hashimoto’s)
- You have been diagnosed with autoimmunity
- You are preparing or underwent surgery with general anesthesia
- You experience elevated LDL cholesterol
- You have been drinking water from plastic bottles
- You have been using many mass-market skincare and house-cleaning products (without realizing their toxicity)
Who Should Not Take Calcium D-Glucarate
Calcium d-glucarate can speed up the metabolism of toxins as much as certain medications.
We therefore advise that if you are taking any medications, please speak to your doctor before taking calcium d-glucarate. Taking calcium d-glucarate along with medications changed by the liver might decrease the effectiveness of these medications.
According to WebMD, medications changed by the liver include acetaminophen (Tylenol, others), atorvastatin (Lipitor), diazepam (Valium), digoxin, entacapone (Comtan), estrogen, irinotecan (Camptosar), lamotrigine (Lamictal), lorazepam (Ativan), lovastatin (Mevacor), meprobamate, morphine, oxazepam (Serax), and others.
Other Compounds to Help Clear Estrogen
The other two supplements that help with clearing estrogen is DIM and Brocco Power.
DIM stands for di-indolyl methane which helps to quickly metabolize the “dirty” estrogens.
Sulforaphane, found in Brocco Power, supports the liver in quickly getting rid of the “dirty” estrogens.
Both these supplements work synergistically.
Which Estrogen Clearing Supplement to Take?
All these supplements support estrogen detoxification. Which one do you pick?
It’s hard to determine because it depends on which body system isn’t working optimally in clearing estrogens.
My general guide is:
1. If you have tried DIM and Brocco Power and are still symptomatic, add the Calcium D-Glucarate.
2. If you have been exposed to many industrial, environmental or medical toxins (such as anesthesia), pick Calcium D-Glucarate.
3. If you are new to estrogen dominance (symptoms such as fibrocystic breasts, breast lumps, ER+ breast cancers, thyroid nodules, endometriosis, fibroids, infertility, mood swings, and PMS), start with DIM and Brocco Power.
Learn how to add more hormone-balancing ingredients to your meals with our FREE 15 Breakfasts to Rebalance Your Hormones guide here.
If you’re struggling with estrogen dominance and would like to learn more about how to balance your hormones, I invite you to join my Estrogen Reset program.
This is a great resource if you are suffering from:
- Breast lumps and fibrocystic breasts
- Hot flashes
- Amenorrhea (lack of periods)
- Irregular periods
- Dysmenorrhea & PMS
- Menorrhagia (heavy periods)
- Thyroid nodules
- Hip fat and cellulite
- Breast cancer (ER+)
- High testosterone (PCOS)
You can enroll in the Estrogen Reset program here.
Learn more with Overcoming Estrogen Dominance
“The body has an amazing ability to heal. We just need to give it the right resources.”
In Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, my goal is to empower and give you the tools to take control of your hormones and health.
More than 70% of women experience estrogen dominance. The symptoms range from lumpy and fibrocystic breasts to thyroid nodules, hot flashes, fibroids, uterine polyps, painful, heavy or irregular periods to infertility and miscarriages, from mood swings to insomnia, weight gain to fatigue.
So many women have experienced the pain and frustration that comes when they feel their symptoms and complaints are dismissed or minimized. This is particularly true for women who are experiencing the symptoms of hormone imbalance. Even when doctors do offer treatment, it’s typically in the form of prescription medication or invasive surgical procedures.
In Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, I hope to show that those extreme interventions are often unnecessary, and to give women a roadmap to reverse estrogen dominance using food, herbs, supplements and natural protocols to rebalance hormones.
To get your copy of Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, go here.