This is one of our team’s favorite dessert recipes from the Estrogen Reset program, so much so that I want it to be available to the entire Hormones Balance community.
These healthy hemp halvah bites are quick and easy to come together. Plus, they are packed with vitamin E and can support progesterone production. They’re also full of healthy fats, pure sweetness from raw honey, and blood sugar stabilizing cinnamon . . . this is a dessert that will treat you well.
8 x 12-inch baking pan
- 2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup raw honey
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Line an 8 x 12-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir well with a wooden spoon, or use your hands.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and chill in the freezer for 1 hour.
- To remove, gently tug the sides of the parchment paper and lift the halvah out of the pan and onto a cutting board.
- Cut into 24 squares. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 2 10months.
Find more hormone-balancing recipes in Overcoming Estrogen Dominance
In Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, my goal is to empower and give you the tools to take control of your hormones and health.
More than 70% of women experience estrogen dominance. The symptoms range from lumpy and fibrocystic breasts to thyroid nodules, hot flashes, fibroids, uterine polyps, painful, heavy or irregular periods to infertility and miscarriages, from mood swings to insomnia, weight gain to fatigue.
In Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, I give women a roadmap to reverse estrogen dominance using food, herbs, supplements and natural protocols to rebalance hormones. You’ll also find easy, hormone-balancing recipes that are free of gluten, dairy, soy, corn, eggs, and nightshades. These recipes are highly anti-inflammatory, low in sugar, and made with powerful medicinal ingredients to help heal your body naturally.
To get your copy of Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, go here.
- Jarvill-Taylor, K J et al. “A hydroxychalcone derived from cinnamon functions as a mimetic for insulin in 3T3-L1 adipocytes.” Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 2001.