This Tulsi Tea Adaptogen Latte is a bright cup of frothy happy when you need a pick-me-up.
Adaptogen herbs are wonderful to incorporate into your daily diet. They support your adrenal system and help balance your hormones, so you can manage your stress response on a day to day basis. They adapt to what your body needs and have the ability to regulate your system up or down depending on the need at the moment.
The adaptogens used in this simple latte recipe are Tulsi and Rhodiola.
Tulsi has a bright, antidepressant quality. It’s the preeminent adaptogen, probably the number one herbal medicine in all of Ayurvedic medicine. Recommended that you eat it daily. Tulsi has been shown to promote a positive mood, restore balance, and rejuvenate the body and mind.
Rhodiola promotes a healthy response to stress and supports adrenal functioning.
Coconut butter adds a wonderful serving of healthy fats to your lattes and your adrenals love fats.
Collagen is excellent for lubricating joints, bones, and muscles. If I forget to take my daily dose, I can definitely feel the difference in my knee joints. It also gives this latte its wonderful frothy finish.
Raw honey improves allergies and digestion.
Cinnamon promotes healthy blood sugar levels.
Ginger is a warming digestive aid.
If you are fascinated with herbs and want to learn how to use them in your diet, check out our FREE online workshop below:
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 2 Tulsi tea bags (I use Organic India)
- 1 dropper Rhodiola liquid extract (I use HerbPharm)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (I use Artisana)
- 1 scoop collagen (I use Hormone Balance Nutritionals Collagen)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Boil water, steep tea bags in the water for 7 minutes
- Add tea and rest of ingredients to blender and process until frothy
- Pour into one large cup or two small cups to share
- Sprinkle with more cinnamon