This ruby, deep velvety drink is not only delectable and a candy to look at but it’s highly medicinal, too. You can easily make it at home. Hibiscus is very high in vitamin C, lowers blood pressure, it’s anti-inflammatory and helps the immune system. Rosebuds are astringent and help heal the G.I. mucosa. Rosemary is a brain booster. Cardamom it’s a carminative (helps with gas).
Hope you try it! I buy all my herbs on Amazon, organic from either Starwest (see my recommendations below) or Frontier.
This infusion is strong, almost like a concentrate. You don’t need a lot to enjoy! Replace honey with stevia or monk fruit if avoiding sugar.
- ⅔ cup dried hibiscus flower
- ½ cup rosebuds
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary or 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 10 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 quart plus one cup hot water
- ¼ cup raw local honey
- Place all the herbs in a large glass bowl. Mix well and pour hot water over, and let steep for 2 hours, or longer but not exceeding 12 hours.
- Once done steeping, strain the liquid and add honey. Serve over ice or with sparkling water.
Looking for ingredients? Here are a few recommendations:
Dried Hibiscus | Starwest Botanicals
Rosebuds | Starwest Botanicals