Many of us grew up with the idea that breakfast should include fruit, sweetened yogurts, grains and cereals. We may as well have called it “morning dessert.”
A quality breakfast is instrumental in balancing hormones, but it’s important to eat things that truly nourish and fuel you. That’s why I love these high-protein breakfast patties, which are perfect for meal prep and easy reheating on busy days.
I personally recommend avoiding a high carb, high sugar breakfast in favor of the PFF breakfast (protein, fat, fiber.) By loading up on protein, fat, and fiber, we guarantee no blood sugar dips, and sustain our blood sugar levels so we don’t exhaust our adrenals. Proteins are also full of amino acids, which are the building blocks on our hormones. Plus, eating this way helps us break our sugar habit.
These breakfast sausage patties are full of fresh and dried herbs with a subtle maple sweetness, though you can opt to leave out the maple syrup if you’d like. Best of all, they’re baked in the oven for easy cleanup.
Enjoy these patties with a side of avocado and your favorite, fiber-rich veggies for a sustaining and delicious breakfast.
Learn how to add more hormone-balancing ingredients to your meals with our FREE 15 Breakfasts to Rebalance Your Hormones guide here.
- 1 pound grass-fed ground pork
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme, leaves only
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine pork, maple syrup and seasonings in a medium mixing bowl and thoroughly mix to combine.
- Form mixture into 8 small patties and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Gently flip patties using tongs and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes.
In my cookbook, Cooking For Hormone Balance, you’ll find over 125 easy, delicious recipes to nourish your body and balance your hormones without calorie restriction or deprivation.
All of the recipes are based on 20 hormone-supporting superfoods and 20 hormone-supporting super herbs—with modifications for Paleo, Paleo for Autoimmunity (AIP), anti-Candida, and low-FODMAP diets.
You can get a copy of the cookbook here.