These homemade all-natural cleaning recipes will help you save money and avoid the endocrine-disrupting chemicals so often found in common cleaning products.
Below, you’ll find recipes for two different hand sanitizers.
For the first vinegar-based recipe, all you need are a handful of ingredients, including: essential oils, white vinegar, and water. Really, it’s that simple. Vinegar is a great general household cleaner as it is very effective at killing bacteria.
Watch me make it in my video below and if you’re currently using a store-bought all-purpose cleaner, I hope this helps you make the natural switch.
For the second ethanol-based recipe, make sure to use an ethanol that is at least 95% or higher. This recipe is stronger than the first as the ethanol contains strong anti-viral effects as recommended by the CDC.
- Feel free to switch lavender essential oil with your own favorite scents, like orange or peppermint.
- Reminder: Make sure to use an ethanol that is 95% or higher to be effective.
Helpful Resource: If you think you have a hormonal imbalance, take our quiz here.
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops tea tree essential oil
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Transfer to the spray bottle.
Store at room temperature for up to 3 months.
- 1¾ cup ethanol (95% or higher)
- ¾ cup water
- 10 drops of essential oils such as thyme, sage, oregano or lemon
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Transfer to a spray bottle.
- Let stand 72 hours before use.
Looking for healthier, effective cleaning products that aren’t laden with chemicals? Our non-toxic hand cleaner can be used on both surfaces and your hands. Plus, it contains none of the hormone-disrupting chemicals you’ll find in a lot of other store-bought cleaners. You can get it here.