Catch me LIVE on Fridays at 10am PST/1pm EST, on our Facebook Fan Page. Live Q&As + Special Topics.
Archive of Previous LIVE Events:
How to triple sulforaphane content in broccoli sprouts
Keto and Women's Hormones with Dr. Anna Cabeca
Aftermath of the Pill with Dr Jolene Brighten
Essential Oils for hormones w/Dr. Mariza
How to make eggnog - healthy, egg + dairy free
How to Make Adrenal tinctures
How to Know if Your Olive Oil is REAL & good quality
How to make Preserved Lemons
Key Nutrients for Estrogen Dominance
6 Ways to Evaluate a Detox Program
Key Nutrients to Repair Your Adrenals and Boost Immunity
Essential Oils for Hormone Balance with Dr. Mariza Snyder
How to Strengthen our Delicate Female Parts with Dr. Anna Cabeca and Julva Cream
Could Oxalates be Your Problem? An Interview with Julie Matthews
How to Make an Easy Herbal Pesto
How to Make Spaghetti Squash
How to Balance Hormones with Pomegranate
Shopping 10 Best and Worst Foods
Digestion Stimulating Breakfast Smoothie
How to make a Dandelion and Burdock Elixir
How to Make Non-Dairy Milks
Cooking Demo: Ashwagandha Latte (Adrenal Elixir)
Candida: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments
CANDIDA CAN APPEAR
- in the small and/or big intestine
- skin (esp feet and toes)
- reproductive organs
SYMPTOMS of CANDIDA
- Constantly craving sugar or carbs
- Chronic fatigue
- Brain fogginess
- Constant colds
- Recurring vaginal discharge, itching, stinging or thrush infections
- Recurring cystitis or urinary infections
- White film in the stool
- Fungal nail infections
- Athlete’s foot
White coating on the tongue
Cracks at the corners of the mouth
Chronic sinusitis or nasal congestion
- Fluid retention
- Weight gain
- Inability to lose weight
- Itchy ears, eyes or anus
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Body odor
- Sensitivity to smells such as chemicals and perfumes
- Feeling tired, slightly drunk or bloated after drinking kombucha
- Stuffy nose or itchy ears after a glass of wine
- Dinner does not feel complete without “something sweet”
WHAT CAUSES CANDIDA
- history of rounds of antibiotics
- diet (past or present)
- birth control pills
- digestive issues like SIBO, parasites
- compromised immune system
- presence of heavy metals
- estrogen dominance
- blood (not reliable)
- stool test (depends on the lab, better ones: GI Map, Doctor’s Data, Cyrex Array 12)
- spit test – I like it the best!
KEY CHANGES NEEDED
4 weeks restricted diet, including no grains, legumes, starches, dairy, fermented foods, zero sugar (max a handful of berries, 1/2 green apple)
Supplement support: berberine, grapefruit seed extract, Pau D’arco, caprylic acid
Rx might be needed; such as Nystatin or Fluconazole
4 weeks introductory diet; slowly bring in legumes, grains, low GI fruit, fermented fruit
Are you Sensitive to Oxalates?
– painful urination
– kidney stones
– sharp body pain
– burning sensation (anywhere in the body)
– stubborn candida
– thyroid issues
– anything with inflammation: fatigue, poor sleep, enhanced AI
Food high in oxalates:
– chocolate and carob
– swiss chard
– nuts incl almond, cashews
– some seeds like sesame
– some grains like gluten, buckwheat, but rice or millet are ok
– some fruit: kiwi, apricots, blackberries
– OAT (organic acid test) from Great Plains
– gut tests
– vitamin B6 deficiency
– Diet high in oxalates
– Not enough of good bacteria esp Oxalobacter formigenes
– Leaky gut
– Poor fat digestion and absorption
– GUT HEALTH!
– Vit B6 deficiency or its active form – P5P Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate
– Calcium / Mag citrate before meals
– Digestive enzymes
– Ox bile
– Probiotics VSL #3
How to Reverse Adrenal Fatigue
Hair Loss: Causes and Treatments
– estrogen dominance
– adrenal fatigue
Nutritional and vitamin deficiencies
– heavy metals
– sluggish liver
How to Use Seed Rotation to Rebalance Your Hormones
How to Use Food to Rebalance Your Hormones
How to get more Oxytocin to Rebalance Your Hormones
Low Stomach Acid and H.Pylori and Q&As
Supporting and Detoxing the Liver for Hormone Balance with Dr. Izabella Wentz
1) 3 liver-supporting recipes: Green Liver Juice, Virgin Mojito and Turmeric Tea.
2) Get the Hashimoto’s Protocol book here (great protocols for any hormonal imbalance, incl estrogen dominance, low estrogen, menopause -> all need liver support!)
3) Lots of great Q&As follow
Should You Get On or Off Bio-Identical Hormones?
How To Detox & Reduce Detox Symptoms
1). Liver Flush juice recipe: ½ bunch of dandelion, 1 apple, ½ bunch of parsley, 1 inch ginger. Supports liver detox pathways, kidneys, bile production (to get rid of metabolized hormones), rich in probiotics and stimulates digestion.
2). FREE Thyroid Detox workshop (actually, not only for thyroid patients, anyone will benefit)
3). Ready to join the full program? www.thyroiddetox.com/join
What Tests Can Help You With Restoring Your Hormone Balance
1) Get the Thyroid Secret DVD collection if you missed the free screening (so worth it)
2) Support Denise to fight Lyme (every $10 helps, we can do it!): http://bit.ly/help-denise
3) “How to Use Food to Rebalance Hormones” FREE workshop
4) Tests and labs I mentioned:
-> Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
• sugar (glucose) level
• electrolyte and fluid balance
• kidney function
• liver function
-> Vitamins and minerals: vit D, B12, B6, ferritin and zinc
-> Thyroid panel: TSH, Free T3, Free T4, TPO and anti-TG antibodies
-> Nutritional deficiencies – Spectracell ($390)
-> Organic Acid Test (OAT) ($397)
Offers a snapshot of a patient’s overall health with over 70 markers, including:
intestinal yeast and bacteria -> can cause or worsen behavior disorders, hyperactivity, movement disorders, fatigue and immune function.
Many people with chronic illnesses and neurological disorders often excrete several abnormal organic acids in their urine. The cause of these high levels could include oral antibiotic use, high sugar diets, immune deficiencies, acquired infections, as well as genetic factors.
Also measures vitamin and mineral levels, oxidative stress, neurotransmitter levels, and is the only OAT to include markers for oxalates, which are highly correlated with many chronic illnesses.
-> Sex hormones – DUTCH on www.dutchtest.com
20 Superfoods to Rebalance Hormones and Live Q & As with Magdalena
Don’t forget to check out the Thyroid Secret
Live Q & A with Magdalena - Behind the Scenes of Shooting My New Cookbook
Facebook LIVE with Magdalena: 30% of Women Experience THIS Hormonal Issue
30% of women can’t eat EGGS and have THIS hormonal problem.
What you will learn:
1. Low Thyroid symptoms (please hear them first before assuming you don’t have a thyroid issue)
2. “Thyroid Secret” documentary (#mustwatch)
3. What COMPLETE thyroid tests to ask for (TSH, Free T4, Free T3, reverse T3, TPO antibodies and anti-TG antibodies)
4. Why so many doctors miss thyroid conditions
5. Learn about treatment options from the 9-part documentary
6. How to do the Elimination Diet: I teach it at the Cooking For Balance FREE Workshop.
Facebook LIVE with Magdalena: Magnesium Deficiency (Way Too Common!) & Hormones
1. Movie “Stronger Than You Think” – airing until Feb 20th. Very inspiring on many levels. Get the book as well!
2. “The Magnesium Miracle” by Carolyn Dean, MD, ND – every woman should read it because 80% of us are deficient.
3. “How to Use Food to Rebalance Your Hormones” – free online workshop: CookingForBalance.com.
Facebook LIVE with Magdalena: Cooking Demo - Nori Wraps with 5 Superfood Ingredients
Q & A with Magdalena: Is Your Partner Supportive of Your Health Journey? Are You in an Abusive Relationship? Or, Are You the Abuser?
Q & A with Magdalena Special Topic: Hormone Labs - Which Ones To Order and Why Your Labs Looks Normal When You Feel Unbalanced
Q & A with Magdalena Special Topic: How to navigate stressful conversations (like your diet) at the dinner table this season
1. “Betrayal” movie about treating AUTOIMMUNE conditions, replay extended till the end of the WE. Send this link to friends/family who suffer from Autoimmune (AI) conditions.
2. Thyroid Detox Program
3. “Don’t Apologize at the Dinner Table This Season” article
4. Gallbladder article
Q & A with Magdalena: CONSTIPATION and HORMONES & How to Get Going Again
Links I referenced:
1. Berkey water filters (get the fluoride remover add-on)
2. Probiotics I recommend:
-> with lactobacilus and bifidobacteria: Ther-biotic (Klaire Labs), VSL#3
-> Spore-based (great with ppl with histamine, to reverse food sensivities and get BM)
-> Soil-based probiotic: Prescript-Assist
3. Thyroid, get started here: ThyroidDietCoach.com
4. How to Start an Elimiation Diet (part of the Food and Hormones workshop)
5. Gallbladder article I recommend
6. Paleo friendly and gluten free Thanksgiving recipe collection
Q & A with Magdalena: How to Get CALM and RELAX with abdominal breathing, EOs, tulsi tea and tapping
Q & A with Magdalena: Why We Gain Weight
I talk about 4 keys areas:
1. Hormonal (thyroid, adrenals aka stress response, insulin resistance, estrogen)
2. Food intolerances and gut issues
3. Infections (yeast, bacterial, viral and parasitic)
4. Sluggish liver.
Resources I referenced:
1. How to do the Elimination Diet
2. SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) resources
3. The tea I’m drinking (tulsi, rose petals and raspberry leaves)
4. How to detox your liver
Q & A with Magdalena: Why Are You Not Getting Better With a Clean Diet?
You will learn:
- how healthy foods can be messing with you
- what is histamine intolerance and why sauerkraut is not for everyone
- what are FODMAP-high foods and why onion are making you gassy
- watch “How to Use Food to Rebalance Your Hormones” FREE online workshop on CookingforBalance.com to learn more about foods for hormones.
Q & A with Magdalena: How to reduce and get rid of Hot Flashes. Hint: PFF breakfasts + mushroom "coffee." Who will be doing the Hot Flash Experiment with us?!
Links I’ve referenced:
1. Brown Butter (it’s actually ghee) from Tin Star. Get it on Thrive Market (cheaper than from Amazon).
2. Mushroom Coffees: Four Sigmatic (chaga, reishi and lion’s mane are so great). Get it on Thrive Market (cheaper than from Amazon).
3. Matcha Latte recipe (in lieu of coffee but it still contains caffeine).
4. To learn “How to Use Food to Rebalance Your Hormones” FREE online workshop: CookingforBalance.com.
Who will be doing the Hot Flash Experiment with us?!
Q & A with Magdalena: Adding SEAWEED and BROCCOLI SPROUTS to your diet. Answering questions about reducing hot flashes, flaxseed for estrogen, iodine for thyroid and more.
Links I promised:
1. Seaweed Cucumber & Daikon Salad Recipe
2. FREE Online Workshop: “How to Use Food to Rebalance Hormones”
3. Where to buy seaweed inexpensively on Thrive Market (saves you 30 to 50%)
4. PFF Breakfast ideas
Q & A with Magdalena: A SURPRISE Giveaway - 20 FREE seats to my flagship online program for women with breast cancer (past or present)
Tell us about yourself to get the free access: hormonesbalance.com/sprouts, or pass it on to women who want to learn how to reverse estrogen dominance (leading cause of breast cancers).
Plus, the free online cooking workshop I referenced: CookingforBalance.com – sign up to listen in how to eat to reverse estrogen dominance.
Q & A with Magdalena: Estrogen + Breast Cancer Connection
If you think this information is important, please help us get the word out. 1 in 7 women will get breast cancer and we are still rambling on about “awareness” and not nearly enough about PREVENTION (which is totally doable). Send friends to HormonesBalance.com to join the community.
Q & A with Magdalena: Intro to New Facebook Live Video Series
Links I’ve referenced:
2. Hormone quiz
3. Thyroid Detox, get $10 off until Sept 20th. URL is: ThyroidDetox.com (workshop) and ThyroidDetox.com/join (to join the program), coupon code: SUMMEREND.
4. Get the chaga and reishi mushrooms coffee here (great immune support), and use coupon “hormonebalance” to get 10% off.