Herb salt at hand is my secret trick to kicking savory dishes up a notch. You can add it to steaks, fish, stews and soups for a punch of flavor.
You just need a handful of dried herbs and coarse sea salt to make it this quick herb salt. And you most likely have them all in your pantry already. Plus, making it yourself at home is much healthier (and cheaper) than buying those store-bought seasoning salts with questionable ingredients.
Tips on How to Cook with Herb Salt
- If using herb salt with meat, rub 1 tablespoon of herb salt evenly all over the meat and let sit for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- In soups, stews, and stir fry recipes, add in the herb salt while cooking and mix well to ensure the salt dissolves and is evenly distributed.
- If you have a grinder, place the herb salt in the grinder and use it as a finishing salt over cooked meals.
- 2 cups coarse sea salt
- ½ cup dried parsley
- ½ cup dried rosemary
- ½ cup dried thyme
- ½ cup dried oregano
- ½ cup dried granulated garlic
- Combine the salt and dried herbs together in a large mixing bowl. Mix well to combine until all the ingredients are evenly distributed
- Store in an airtight glass jar.