Try this versatile recipe that encompasses many healthy thyroid diet foods.
If you have just made this chicken stock at home, you will have some left-over chicken meat. This is one great recipe to make good use of this boiled meat that is rather tasteless at this point. There are many ways you can use this spread:
- for breakfast; served over toasted gluten-free bread – this is a great way to get more proteins in the morning
- for lunch; served with a green salad
- as a snack; to dip carrots, celery sticks or rice crackers
- for dinner; served with a bit of gluten-free pasta and/or some fresh greens
- ½ chicken; boiled meat of the chicken that was just used in making this chicken stock
- 2 tbsps of tahini paste (ground sesames seeds, can be purchased in most health stores)
- 2 tbsps of miso paste (fermented soy paste, can be purchased at health stored and Japanese grocery)
- 2 tbsps of dijon mustard
- 2 tbsps of olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 tbsps of truffle oil (optional but highly advised)
- Separate chicken flesh from the bones.
- Mash the chicken flesh with your hands, removing all small bones.
- Combine it with the tahini paste, miso and mustard.
- Mash all ingredients with your hand until they become smooth.
- Adjust the taste to your liking by adding any of the ingredients.