Seafood Leek Soup
Author: Magdalena Wszelaki
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 lb (1 liter) chicken stock, home made is best and most nutritious
- 10 fresh clams, make sure they are all closed, discard open ones
- 4 squids, washed and cut to rings
- ½ white fish (optional)
- 1 large leek, cut into rings
- 2 oz butter from grass-fed cows
- 3 sprigs tarragon
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- optional: pinch of saffron
How To Make
- Slowly melt butter, add leeks and cook till it’s translucent.
- Add chicken stock to leeks and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and throw in clams and squid.
- Cook covered for 7 minutes.
- Remove seafood and leeks and place in a serving dish.
- Throw in tarragon, lemon juice and saffron and let it simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add sea salt to satisfy your taste buds.