This is one way to get your day started on the right foot; sending you out into the world with the right energy and a balanced sugar level (so you don’t crash at 11am and stay happy till lunch).
Like all berries, blueberries are one of the superfoods (highly dense in nutrients) and low in sugar, and who doesn’t like them?
I also like to play with lavender, which I fell in love with at the Lavender Festival in Sequim, Seattle last summer. See how its presence makes you calm and others curious (“What’s in this?”).
- ½ cup rolled, steel cut oats (or quick oats)
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup almond milk
- a handful of nuts
- ½ cup organic blueberries
- ½ tsp dried edible lavender buds
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Bring water and almond milk to a boil, add a pinch of salt, stir in the rolled oats and lavender buds.
- Reduce the heat to simmer for about 12-15 minutes till the oats are thick and soft (1-2 minutes if you are using quick oats).
- Dish out to a bowl and place blueberries on top.
- Pour agave syrup on top to sweeten the meal.