This is one way to get your day started on the right foot; sending you out into the world with the right energy levels and a balanced sugar level (so you don’t crash at 11am and stay happy till lunch).
The thing I love most about this recipe is how easy it is to unleash your creative self by adding the different dried fruit, fresh fruit, seeds or nuts. If you add, for example, dried peach, cook it with the oatmeal. If you add a banana, cook it only for the last 2 minutes. Use chopped walnuts, almonds or sunflower seeds to top the meal. Yum!
- ½ cup rolled oats (use quick oats only if you have to)
- 1½ cups of water (or follow package instructions)
- 1 tbsp of coconut butter (unrefined, raw)
- ½ pomegranate, seeds of
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Bring water to a boil, add a pinch of salt, stir in the oats.
- Reduce heat to simmer for about 12-15 minutes till the oats are thick and soft.
- If you soak the rolled oats overnight, you would only need to boil them for 3-4 minutes.
- Take off heat and stir in coconut butter, let it melt into the oatmeal.
- Dish out to a bowl and place pomegranate seeds on top.
- Pour agave syrup to sweeten the meal.