If you are looking for a high-protein, no-sugar breakfast to regulate your sugar levels, this recipe might be a great fit for you.
We like to call avocado the “nearly perfect” food as it’s so full of nutrients that you can pretty much live on it and nothing else. You would then probably die of… boredom.
We all know that fish is a good source of the important nutrients called omega fatty acids (omega 3, 6 & 9). What we don’t often consider is where the fish get the majority of their omega fatty acids: from algae such as spirulina. This superfood is rich in the omega fatty acids, and especially omega 3, which play key roles in preventing heart disease, lowering bad cholesterol, reducing the severity of arthritis, osteoporosis, depression and diabetes and much more.
- 1 ripe organic avocado
- 1.5 glasses of any nut or seed milk (can be hemp, sunflower, almond, coconut or oat milk)
- 2 tbsp spirulina powder
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice from one lemon or raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of milk thistle (powder or liquid)
- ¼ teaspoon camu camu (you can order it online, food highest in vitamin C)
- 1 tbsp flax seed or flax meal
- Scoop out the avocado flash into a blender.
- Add milk, spirulina, lemon and all the seeds.
- Blend till either very smooth or somewhat smooth if you like chunks in your smoothie.
- Touch your heart and tell it you love it.